Are you developing innovative solutions, services, technology or product in the field of plant-based protein? Are you looking for ways to showcase your solution? Do you want to boost your growth on local and international markets?
Village by CA North of France is proud to partner with Bridge2Food and the 11th Protein Summit in the frame of the 2018 Protein Awards.
Designed to recognise and promote innovation in the protein industry, the awards celebrate the achievements of key players who drive excellence within this sector.
Best Plant-based protein startups Awards
It has become clear that relying mainly on the production of animal protein in order to meet an ever increasing food demand is out of reach for our planet.
It is therefore critical to strike a better balance between animal proteins and plant-based proteins in people's diets all over the world.
Innovation is essential to speed up the agri-food transition connected with the necessary human diet flexitarian transition: plant-based proteins will play a key role to face today health, climate change and biodiversity challenges.
The Plant-based protein Awards for startups will highlight promising entrepreneurs who are breaking new ground in the field of plant-based proteins and help them to boost their company development with the support of Village by CA North of France first class innovation ecosystem.
The Awards are open to all project bearers or startup companies active in Europe of less than five years existence in the following categories:
- Highest Consumer Impact
- Best Plant-Based Food
- Best New High Protein Food & Beverage
- Most Novel Protein Ingredient & Agtech
- Most Novel Protein Process Technology & IT
Village by CA North of France and its partners support your company in connecting you with the right person at the right place to boost your business.
Benefit from Crédit Agricole Nord de France as well as Village By CA North of France partners' networking and connecting capabilites :
The partners ecosystem is there to accelerate your acquisition of new clients, suppliers and business partners. Village By CA North of France will also facilitate your access to financing partners.
Benefit from a personalized support to help you get your project off the ground quickly:
Get the expert support of Village by CA Partners: project structuring (financial, legal, regulatory expertise, etc.), scientific and technical expertise, help with experiments and evaluations, economic intelligence, international development, communication and marketing strategy, search for financing, etc.
Be hosted* at Village by CA North of France in Lille Euratechnologies.
For up to 8 months during incubation period and up to 24 months during the acceleration period. Startups hosted by the Village will benefit from the Village’s events: conferences, workshops, networking events.
If the Award winner does not wish to be hosted at the Village, Village by CA North of France will provide a personalized 3 month acceleration program.
* Hosting in the Village by CA North of France is available under the following conditions (susceptible to be reviewed in November 2018):
- Incubation period: free of charge
- Acceleration period: € 75 VAT included/per 1 workstation/per month (at least 2 workstations). This rate includes office furniture and cleaning, shared meeting rooms.
Ideally located in Lille, at the heart of the London-Paris-Brussels.
A direct access to the 1st European consumer pool with 78 millions of consumers for a market worth €1,500 billion. Startups benefit from the Village by CA 26+ network throughout France, and 25 transit offices worldwide thanks to Crédit Agricole international network.
(value € 895)
showcasing on the Protein Summit, the Global protein business convention, which runs from 24-26 October 2018 in Lille, including a special evening that will promote the winners.
The Awards winners will be advertised by Village by CA North of France and Bridge2Food, throught their networks, including more than 500,000 food and agro specialists.
1 day free consultancy on business, market access, technology, nutritional and regulatory strategies from Bridge2Food partners.
Application period starts
Application period ends
Shortlisted teams pitch Village by CA North of France selection committee
Awards evening ceremony on the Protein Summit
Awards winners will immediately benefit from Village by CA North of France and its partners’ support
The Hauts-de-France region is at the cutting edge in the ambition to establish France and Europe as world leaders in the development of plant-based proteins.
A powerful and dynamic sector is taking shape, originating from the Hauts-de-France region with:
- World leaders in the agrifoods industry which have global influence, like Limagrain and Bonduelle.
- Prestigious companies such as Sodexo which provides services designed to enhance quality of life, contributing to people's well-being in 80 countries.
- Leading research centres, technical platforms and training institutes renown on the international stage with which industrial stakeholders work closely.
- The presence in the region of 2 competitivity clusters: the Nutrition, Health & Longevity Cluster and the Industry and Agro-Resources, Bio-economy Cluster, which lend structure to the sector and liven it up, extending their influence from Hauts-de- France, throughout France and all over the world.
- Fertile farmland that supply high-quality agricultural products.